Tuesday 20 October 2009

Question 1b: Media Language and Audience

What was my target Audience at AS?

Our target audience for our AS media product are teens/late teens, who are C2 and watch mainstream films as we wanted to target a mainstream audience with a rating of '15'.

How did i manage to target my audience through the uses of sound?

When me and Sophie (Partner at AS) picked sound we wanted to pick something which could not be linked to anything else, because I find as a late teen that when I hear music or sound in a media product i try to link it to another piece of sound i have heard before. For this we wanted our media product to contain unique music which we were able to produce through a friend who allowed us to produce our own music. This way we were able to include different tempo music which we thought would work well with the images.

Did my target audience influence how I used colour throughout my media product?
I did not specifically use particular colours to use in my media product which I thought would have an inflence from my target audience. The way in which we chose colour was to make sure that we used similar colours to real media products. For the titles we used white at first which connotes purity which then changed to red which connotes danger.
We thought that as these colours are used quite a lot within real media texts our audience who watched these real media texts would be able to notice these comparisons with our media production. However even though we thought that our audience would be looking for quite gory films, the majority of our opening sequence was highly lit. Therefore this is why we needed to make sure that there was a part of our media production that was very dark, connoting danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment