Wednesday 25 November 2009

Digipak Research- Similar Genre Covers

Here is the Album cover of 'The Script'. There are bright colours and a variety of thoughts and images from this. Building rooftops and smoke coming from chimneys almost gives it a grungey look, with what seems to be a cardboard cut out hand holding two people with what seems to be a rainbow. The fact that there are so many confusing ideas on this one album cover suggests that the album has variety on it... I like this album cover quite a lot even though it is confusing.

Here is the album cover of 'Scouting for Girls'. I realy like the font and the use of colour on this album cover. 'Scouting' suggests they are looking or in search of something, and with the characters here on the boat almost in search of something reflects the title. The sepia effect I think works well, however it doesnt seem to reflect to me what the content is like, (even though it is a good album... there are many songs which seem similar, this may reflect the one event happening on the cover.

Here is the album cover for 'Lights and Sounds' (an unsigned band). This is the current album cover where I picked the music from for my Music Video. Currently it is very plain, and therefore for me the main thing i want to change is the brightness. As I wish for my album cover to reflect the content, like 'The Script' I need to have a lot more colour on it so that people can believe it is full of life. I really like the font of this... I may try and produce my own so that I do not completely take the bands current indentity away.



No comments:

Post a Comment